FIRST TIME USERS:
Please read all of the information below before continuing onto the reservation website.
- You must be at UCLA or using a UCLA VPN to connect to the web-based reservations. (See bottom section for information on obtaining a UCLA VPN.)
- Firefox is the recommended browser. Internet Explorer will work but will require a “refresh” after making or canceling a reservation.
- To use the web-based reservation system, you will need to know at least the first three characters of your username as it was entered in the LinRL system.
* Usually this is your surname. Be sure to note what it is at the time you are first given access to an instrument that is controlled by LinRL
* It is not case-sensitive, i.e. you may enter it in the “Your Name:” box without concern for capitalization.
- The four digit code you use to log on is the “Access Code” for the web-based reservation. It is also not case-sensitive.
- Web address: http://birl1.chem.ucla.edu/web_res.php
*** Notice that the instruments currently in use will be listed at the bottom.
- On the upper left, select the Instrument you want to reserve.
- Select the day. This will highlight in green all the days for which reservations are allowed and will display all 24 hours of that day, in 10 minute blocks. Additionally, this will also bring up the “Your Name:” and “Access Code:” boxes. Fill them in and select “Login”.
- You can navigate to other days by just selecting the day. You can change to a different instrument by selecting the instrument, then selecting the day even if it is the same day you had selected for the previous instrument.
- Once you are displaying the schedule for the appropriate instrument and date, select a “Starting:” time and the “Until:” time. Select “Reservation” or “Cancellation”. Then click “Submit”. A window will pop up for you to confirm or cancel the submission. If you had chosen “Cancellation” an extra pop-up will remind you to be sure to read the next pop-up so you don’t inadvertently cancel the wrong thing.
- When you are through, select “Log Out”.
How to obtain a UCLA VPN.
- To obtain a Bruin OnLine (BOL) VPN, go to the following link and follow the directions:
- If you have a computer log in account with the Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry, you can get a Chemistry VPN by going to the following link and following the directions: