Welcome to the Biochemistry Shared Instrumentation Facility Online Reservation System. Prior to using this system, you must have received instrument training by a Biochemistry Shared Instrumentation Manager. Please read the reservation rules below before continuing on to the Reservations page.
- All reservations will be honored on a “First Requested” basis, and must be received at least 24 hours in advance of the reservation time.
- Users affiliated with a Biochemistry Department laboratory will be allowed to reserve instruments up to one month in advance. All other users will be allowed to reserve instruments up to one week in advance.
- Users with instrument reservations have priority over all other users without question.
- Walk-in usage is allowed and encouraged, provided it does not conflict or overlap with existing reservations.
- If you will not be able to use a reserved time-slot, please inform the facility immediately at <firstname.lastname@example.org> so your reservation can be removed and walk-in usage made possible.
- Once at the Reservation main page, chose the calendar for the corresponding instrument and check for existing reservations. Click the “Submit Event” link at the top of the Calendar and fill out the form to create a reservation. Be sure to include useful contact information so managers and other users can reach you if needed.
- Reservations will appear immediately on the Calendar. However, they are subject to rejection by facility staff if the above reservation criteria are not met.
The instrument reservation calendar can be found here: http://bic.chem.ucla.edu